Free seminars on treating and preventing injuries - November 2 & 9
NEW YORK, NY — Whether you are a young athlete or an active senior, long-lasting injuries can impact you at any age. It is important to learn how to prevent and properly treat athletic injuries in order to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
To help educate the community, experts from Lenox Health Greenwich Village are offering two free seminars focusing on the prevention and treatment of common injuries in youngsters and seniors. The events will be held on Thursday, November 2nd from 7:00 to 8:00 pm and Thursday, November 9th from 7:00 to 8:00 pm. Both events will be held at Lenox Health Greenwich Village – 200 West 13th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY.
The seminar “Common Athletic Injuries in the Young Athlete – Prevention and Treatment” on November 2nd will cover:
- ACL injury prevention and treatment options
- Treating shoulder pain and instability
- Diagnosing and treating hip pain
- Preventing and treating ankle instability
The seminar “Preventing and Treating Injuries in the Active Senior” on November 9th will cover:
- Keeping your knees active after 40
- Symptoms of, and treatments for, rotator cuff syndrome
- Treatments for shoulder arthritis, including management and replacement
- Causes of, and treatments for, heel pain